- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House*, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £23,541 to £28,672
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22.2 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 03 November 2021 01:00 PM
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our established and highly respected Building Control Team. The team provides a regulatory and commercial service to the residents of Babergh and Mid Suffolk and beyond and are working together with an integrated staffing structure to provide a joint Building Control Service across the districts.
This is a newly created role to support the Building Control team in raising awareness and the profile of the service. We have made great progress working as part of the Suffolk Building Control Group and you will be expected to build upon this work predominantly from a Babergh and Mid Suffolk perspective but also supporting our neighbouring authorities.
Using our existing marketing plan, you will:
- Be responsible for the ongoing development of the marketing plan.
- Assist the service in supporting the new Building Safety Regulator by promoting culture change and best practice in the built environment.
- Create awareness of and develop opportunities for the service.
- Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships.
- Maintain website and social media outlets.
- Utilise social media by producing creative content, including videos and blog posts, to enhance audience engagement.
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and literature, such as web content, blogs, brochures and press releases.
- Help organise events, exhibitions and seminars, making bookings and overseeing the guest list.
- Maintain and update customer databases.
- Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
You will also be expected to assist the Business Support Manager and Corporate Manager for the service to:
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity.
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget.
Experience and/or knowledge of the building control function would be an advantage but is not essential.
A driving licence/car is desirable for the post holder as travel to locations within the district will be required.
Why work for local authority building control?
We are at the forefront of ensuring all building work complies with the minimum standards of the building regulations. In addition to this we provide additional services to our residents involving disabled adaptations, demolitions, dangerous structures and street name and numbering. We deal with a wide variety of people and professions and no 2 days will be the same.
You will be provided with full support for your career and personal development to fulfil your potential. We offer a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and pension scheme.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion and to learn more about this exciting opportunity in the Building Control team please contact Paul Hughes – 01449 724502 or firstname.lastname@example.org