- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House*, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £52,015 - £58,974
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 04 October 2021 01:00 PM
We are looking for an outstanding Tenant Services Manager to join our Housing Directorate to provide visionary leadership to our Tenancy Services Team which includes Income Collection, Tenancy Management, Sheltered Housing, Home Ownership and Neighbourhoods Team. You will be passionate and committed and share our values of ‘making a difference in our districts’.
You must be able to demonstrate an ability to inspire and motivate staff to deliver first class services in our communities. You will support your teams to develop their confidence and skills so they can find the right solutions and services to help each individual customer. You will also be a strategic and analytic thinker and be used to working in a pressurised and regulatory environment.
- Lead the councils’ Tenant Services Team ensuring that excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction are delivered through its main service areas: tenancy management, income management, neighbourhood services, the sheltered housing service, and the leasehold and homeownership service.
- Work alongside other teams within the Housing Directorate, the wider council, and key external stakeholders to ensure that the councils’ landlord function is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Manage team performance and deliver continuous improvements to meet the councils’ strategic objectives as well as relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- As part of the Extended Leadership Team, provide leadership which demonstrates the councils’ values and promotes a unified approach to the delivery of council services.
*This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Gavin Fisk, Assistant Director, Housing on 07891807490 or email: email@example.com