- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House*, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £29,577 - £34,728
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 25 January 2022 01:00 PM
We are looking for dynamic people to join our Housing Solutions Team.
- want to be a part of the delivery of our homelessness service, working to deliver the duties, under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017?
- possess the ability to work creatively and collaboratively to prevent homelessness wherever possible?
- have the knowledge and ability to advise households and landlords to prevent homelessness occurring?
- have experience of making decisions under the Housing Act 1996 and understand the legal tests which need to be followed?
- like working on your own initiative but also as part of a team?
- have experience of Welfare Benefits, including Universal Credit?
If yes, then you could be part of a team who are responsible for delivering the duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
Since the introduction of the act in April 2018, there has been a significant increase in demand for the services provided by the team, and in particular, during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a great opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic dedicated team working to provide solutions to prevent or relieve homelessness.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are committed to agile and flexible working practices (subject to business need). We believe that work is something we do and not somewhere we go; we want our staff to feel enabled and empowered to fully embrace these opportunities.
We can offer great opportunities for training and development, and we will give you all the support you need.
The role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
We offer flexible working options, a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and a pension scheme. This post also carries an essential car user allowance.
For an informal discussion about this role please call Susie Farrer, Solutions Team Manager on (01449) 724974 or via Susannah.firstname.lastname@example.org