- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House*, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 28 October 2021 01:00 PM
- £23,541 - £28,672 per annum
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for a customer driven person with housing or community engagement experience to help us develop our Tenant Engagement Services at Babergh and Mid Suffolk Councils. To be successful in this role, you will need to share our values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
The Tenant Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for supporting our Tenant Board, organising consultative groups and resident events, and ensuring that the ‘tenant voice’ is heard. You will be customer-focused, organised, confident and enthusiastic about continuous service improvement.
- To promote and develop the councils’ Tenant Engagement structure
- To help the Tenant Board carry out their scrutiny and consultative function, making sure that they are supported and can make a meaningful contribution to service improvement
- To organise a wide variety of resident meetings and events including Sounding Boards, community events and an annual Tenant Board forum
- To utilise good practice from within and beyond the housing sector, as well as develop new ideas, in order to find innovative ways of reaching and engaging with our tenants.
This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We can offer great opportunities for training and development, and we will give you all the support you need.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion please contact Lee Crowdell on (01449) 724837 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org