- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Great Wenham Operational Hub, South Suffolk
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 14 December 2021 01:00 PM
- £29,577 - £34,728 per annum
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Asset Compliance Surveyor with an Asbestos Surveying and management background to join our team in Building Services, someone who shares our values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
We are looking for a career-focussed Asset Compliance Surveyor with significant experience who is seeking their next career move within a progressive housing team.
You will be expected to:
- deliver quality professional services to housing stock and corporate buildings including surveying, design, procurement, tender actions, managing consultants and works, contractors at sites, reporting on projects, managing communications and financial aspects of contracts
- manage the councils asbestos surveying and asbestos removals contracts, including reinspection surveys, arranging removals for responsive and void works and preparing contracts for larger scale removal works
- work closely with the Fire Safety Surveyor, providing cover when necessary. This will include work with statutory authorities.
You will need to be an excellent team player who is able to build relationships and work closely within a team of professionals. You will also be required to build relationships with tenants and occupiers/users of buildings and have excellent communications skills and organisational ability.
A full driver’s licence and access to a car will be required for this role.
This role is normally based at our recently refurbished building services council depot located in Great Wenham, however, during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please call Scott Jennings on 07766 504201 or email: email@example.com