- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £38,553 - £44,624 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 30 September 2022 01:00 PM
Would you like to join our newly created Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement Team? Are you ambitious and creative with the desire to improve wellbeing for communities by improving services?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Find out from Chief Executive, Arthur Charvonia about this new team, their role and his aspirations for the Councils:
Chief Executive Video (YouTube)
About the Role
Our Councils are highly ambitious and want to see significant improvement for the wellbeing of our residents and communities. The creation of the Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement Team is central to driving our improvement journey.
A new Outcomes Framework provides the golden thread between our strategy and business planning arrangements. It links the Corporate Plan, the six strategic priorities, the service plans and personal plans. It drives our new performance management approach, embedding a more comprehensive culture of performance challenge and improvement aligned with finance and risk reporting.
In this influential role, you will:
- Lead business planning and performance management for Babergh and Mid Suffolk, working with our Strategic Leadership Team.
- Be responsible for leading the implementation, refinement and reporting of the corporate outcomes and performance framework and the corporate delivery plan.
- Lead the “design, implement, develop, support and monitor” corporate, directorate and service, business planning arrangements.
- Work closely with Finance and Risk colleagues to ensure these are integrated with performance.
Educated to degree level in a business/management related discipline (or have gained equivalent knowledge through work experience), with relevant professional experience gained in performance management.
You will have an in-depth understanding of business planning and performance management ideally in a council context.
You will have experience of developing and managing the implementation of planning, performance, and evaluation processes, and of developing performance indicators and outcomes frameworks.
You will have outstanding written and analytical skills, and experience of producing reports for senior audiences that combine data and written narratives to inform decision-making.
You will demonstrate experience of successfully managing a team of performance specialists.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information.
Our ways of working:
We are a flexible employer, passionate about attracting and retaining the right people, wherever they live. We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working (Business needs permitting). We are also strongly focused on staff wellbeing and our corporate values.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Jane Kennedy, Corporate Manager - Policy, Performance, Insight, Risk and Improvement, email@example.com
Closing Date: 1pm, 30th September 2022