- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £38,553 - £44,624 per annum (pro rata)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 16 August 2022 01:00 PM
Fixed Term Contract or Secondment Opportunity for 18 months.
Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
We are looking for a Cost of Living Coordinator to join our team in Customer Operations and Communities and Wellbeing. The successful person will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to transform our resident experiences and support access, across multiple organisations in a system thinking approach to support our residents with the cost of living crisis.
The Cost of Living Coordinator role will make a significant difference to our residents, through:
- Coordinating and delivering on our recently approved cost of living crisis 5 point plan Cost of living Crisis (moderngov.co.uk).
- Driving and delivering transformation to create a single systems model to join up support across multiple organisations centred around supporting residents with the cost of living crisis.
- Facilitating cultural change and optimising productivity through the alignment of organisational systems, processes and people to support our residents.
The role will involve cross partnership project management, stakeholder engagement, development of proposals and business cases, data management/analysis and budget management.
- be able to demonstrate experience of working across internal and external stakeholders as part of a multi-agency project team to provide holistic and consistent services for our residents
- be enthusiastic and passionate about making customer focused improvements and working as part of a wide network to deliver against our objectives
- have experience of managing complex projects, writing business cases and delivering a place-based approach to ensure we are meeting the needs of our residents
- have effective influencing and negotiation skills to ensure we are providing high quality services and support for our residents
- have experience of using different communications techniques including behavioural insights to create a bespoke communications approach to target those who need the support most.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
- Great opportunities for learning and development.
- Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays).
- Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Employee Assist Program
- Health Care Options
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information.
Our ways of working
Work is what we do, not where we go! We are committed to working in a more Hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working (business needs permitting). This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
If you wish to discuss the Hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Samantha Lake, Corporate Manager Customer Operations on (01449 745177).
Closing date: 1pm, 16 August 2022.