- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Great Wenham Operational Hub, South Suffolk
- Salary details:
- £29,577 - £34,728
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 30 January 2022 05:00 PM
We are looking for a self-motivated and professional Team Leader to join our Building Services Repairs Department, with the proper values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
You will effectively manage a team of trades people covering a specific geographical area within our district, as well as deal with external contractors and attend visits around the district.
You will be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and refer upwards should you need to and problem solving and multi-tasking will be key in your role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring timely, cost effective and quality work is carried out for both scheduled maintenance and emergencies
- Managing contracts to ensure the effective expenditure of budget, based on performance levels and cost
- Work with colleagues to ensure that specific, building services projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with the team, taking responsibility for people management processes
- Seeking to make improvements to working processes and help to develop a cohesive and motivated team, supporting and providing training and coaching opportunities.
You will be required to work on the out of hours rota as the on-call supervisor every 6-7 weeks for which you will be paid a standby rate in line with our terms and conditions.
Good IT skills are advantageous as we use the full Microsoft package as well as some bespoke systems.
A van is provided for this position, therefore you will need to hold a full, current driving licence.
A working knowledge of local government would be an advantage but not essential.
We’re proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our Councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
This role is normally based at our modern and conveniently located office accommodation, however, during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have been working from home and it has worked really well for us.*
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please call Heidi Butcher on 07860 832312 or via email@example.com