- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Great Wenham Operational Hub, South Suffolk
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 02 August 2021 01:00 PM
- £29,577 - £34,728 pa
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join our Building Services – Asset Management Team, someone who shares our values, commitment and motivation to make a difference for our districts.
We’re proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy and communities for our districts. Babergh and Mid Suffolk have consistently been voted amongst the top places to live in the UK.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk – working hard to provide homes, support our communities, boost local economy, protect our environment and keep our districts clean, tidy and safe.
- be a professional/specialist for both councils to undertake and deliver surveys, reports, studies, designs, procurement and contracts management for reactive, cyclical and planned maintenance work, in respect of all corporate and housing assets
- lead on damp survey and treatment projects including surveying damp conditions in properties, report writing, specifying solutions, tendering and managing of works contracts or works by others, and checking the works are completed satisfactorily and the required quality standards
- work with Building Surveyors by providing similar skills to deliver other reactive/planned maintenance projects, including surveying premises and checking on works quality
- need to be able to prioritise work and demands placed upon you as well as managing both tenants and corporate expectation
- have a proven background in building fabric first approach to social housing, including the delivery of works to rectify damp and condensation, a range of other repair surveys and works, and managing consultants and works contractors.
The role will require travel to corporate buildings, customers’ homes and other sites on a regular basis, therefore a full drivers licence and use of own car is essential.
You will be based at our modern, air-conditioned head office in Ipswich, with a range of facilities and excellent travel links. We offer a generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, discount scheme and pension scheme. We also offer a range of training and development and will give you all the support you need, for your career and wellbeing.
We are committed to agile and flexible working (subject to business need), with full time, part time or job share opportunities considered. Supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, enabling and empowering our people to deliver the best possible results for our residents.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Alec Davis on 07759 842258 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 5 August 2021.