- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 28 July 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 pro rata
- 23 hours per week
We are committed to flexible working. To view the types of flexible or part time working available for this role, please see the Job and Person Profile.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Activities Unlimited Short Breaks Team as a Business Support Officer, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
- Do you have recent experience in administration and customer service?
- Would you like to work in an incredibly busy, challenging and rewarding role?
- Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people in Suffolk?
Suffolk's Activities Unlimited team deliver Short Break services for children, young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families. We work closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care to deliver the best Short Break experiences for Suffolk families. If you share our values and ambitions we would love you to join our team. You will need to:
- have the highest standards
- be flexible and adaptable to change
- be willing to give your all.
In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well organised Business Support Officer to join our Short Break Team.
- have strong interpersonal and IT skills
- be highly organised and willing to develop your knowledge of short break and wider services delivered within the Inclusion Service for children, young people with SEND and their families
- need excellent communication skills
- have the ability to empathise, support and empower families to make informed choices about their short break needs.
Your responsibilities will include administering personal budget payments to parent / carers and monitoring spend. This will mean lots of contact with families via phone and email. You will also be offering advice and guidance about the service and personal budgets. We are growing very quickly, and the team can be extremely busy at times. Therefore, the following criteria are essential to successfully carry out this role:
- Ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for delivery of tasks
- Where appropriate, support colleagues in managing their workloads
- Understand customer needs and know how to deliver a good customer service experience
- Work effectively as a member of a team, supporting team members and demonstrating a flexible approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Work on own initiative.
If you believe you can meet the above criteria, then this role could be for you.
You will be working in a small team that is committed to offering the best possible Short Break service to Suffolk families. This is a close working team who are very supportive of each other and thrive to deliver to a high standard. By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to be part of something very rewarding and challenging at times, but also enjoyable.
We will offer you
The council has lots of learning and development opportunities and you will be able to expand your knowledge about different services within CYP to help to inform your future career progression.
Traveling requirements for your role
- This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Renee Aldred, SEND Information Management Officer on (01473) 260026 email: email@example.com or Paula Benneworth, SEND Operations Manager on (01473) 260014 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.