- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 04 December 2020 11:30 PM
£18,933 pro rata for part time
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well organised Business Support Officer to work within the Youth Justice Service team in Bury St Edmunds, which is part of Suffolk County Council's Children and Young People's Services.
We are looking for a well organised, calm and methodical person with a flexible approach to cope with the demands of a busy working environment.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- a good team working ethic and a positive, can-do approach to your work
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to plan and organise your own workload, taking responsibility for delivery of tasks and a willingness to support colleagues in managing their workloads
- the ability to prioritise and multi-task in order to meet competing deadlines
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy e.g. formatting reports, logging a wide range of information across the professional teams
- a good knowledge of office and financial administration procedures
- excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and the ability and willingness to learn new systems
- a good understanding of how to deliver a positive customer service experience
- an understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements in the workplace.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.