- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 25 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 July 2019 06:00 PM
Applications are invited for the role of EDS coordinator within the Emergency Duty Service contact centre based at new offices within Beacon House, Ipswich.
The Emergency Duty service provides an emergency response to a social care need and covers the whole of Suffolk. Every call is different and presents its own challenges and rewards. Working within a small dedicated team you will:
- provide a high quality and professional front line service to both customers and professionals (ranging from social workers to police) through one point of contact
- accurately give and record sensitive information
- make difficult decisions whilst under pressure, prioritising demands and managing your work load
- speak with callers who may be vulnerable, confused, distressed, frightened, or even angry
- be confident using various IT systems
- give advice over the telephone to the public on lots of different issues
The contact centre operates unsocial hours from 5pm in the evening to 8am the following morning. Successful candidates will be expected to work shifts covering evenings, overnights, and weekends. There is an enhancement for overnight working and public holidays. Full training and on-going support will be provided with the opportunity for further professional development.
Staff have access to free parking and Beacon House is on a main bus route.
If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply.
For an informal discussion only please contact Catherine Farr on 07923 340256
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.