- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 11 December 2019 11:30 PM
Fixed term for 1 year.
We are looking to recruit a Re-engagement Adviser within the Participation Tracking Team (PTT) and Skills Team, responsible for tracking Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) young people in Suffolk aged 16 – 18 who for various reasons are not receiving support from staff in Early Help Teams.
- contact young people over the telephone or online, offering information, advice and guidance and promoting relevant EET opportunities
- actively manage an inbox, make good use of data systems and respond creatively to meet the needs of the young people on your caseload
- work pro-actively and in collaboration with colleagues and services running re-engagement programmes
- be confident, friendly and have a creative approach with difficult to engage young people
- have the ability to organise and prioritise a varied caseload, thinking smartly and making best use of data systems
- have strong team and networking skills to liaise with a county network of Early Help Coaches and external partners about re-engagement opportunities
- be responsible for maintaining accurate records for Suffolk's young people as well as sending and receiving data from partner organisations
- have the ability to confidently use Excel, Word and Outlook.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Jayne Bushell on (01502) 674806 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.