- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £9 ph
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 June 2019 01:00 PM
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join our Business and Finance Team working within Adult Community Services.
We are seeking an organised, motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent IT skills. This is an ideal opportunity for those wanting to gain experience in the public sector and learn a variety of financial and administrative skills.
Your duties will include:
- dealing with enquires by telephone, email and in writing from members of the public, staff and other organisations
- updating computerised records
- processing payments
- dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- be enthusiastic, focused and motivated to take on this challenging role
- need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 - 9 / Grade C and above or equivalent including mathematics and English
- work in a mobile and flexible way promoting Suffolk County Council's policies.
In return we offer:
- a fully funded and supported Level 3 Business Administration qualification
- generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- valuable work based skills from day one
- the opportunity to meet and work alongside other apprentices in the organisation
- multiple training courses and development opportunities to add to your CV.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please click here.
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them. The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship. For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Jane Thurkettle on (01473) 263179 or 07860 831759.
Please read the Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure before applying for this job. The position described is the one you would aspire to, not the apprenticeship.
Interview date: w/c 1 July 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.