- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 18 May 2021 11:30 PM
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed term apprenticeship for 2 years.
We are committed to flexible working. To view the types of flexible or part time working available for this role, please see the Job and Person Profile.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Trading Standards Team as a Trading Standards Apprentice, working from Landmark House, Ipswich.
Suffolk Trading Standards enjoys a well-earned reputation for achieving outstanding results which positively impact on the lives of Suffolk residents and businesses.
With a highly innovative and motivated team, we have a strong sense of purpose and a great ethos of mutual support. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to bring their personality and skills to one of our highly performing demand teams. By following ‘Systems Thinking’ principles, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Suffolk is a great place to live and work. It offers a safe and healthy environment with beautiful countryside, stunning coastline, and vibrant communities. In short, it is a truly wonderful county!
In this role you will be:
- working alongside and supporting our officers who are responsible for enforcing all areas of trading standards law
- responding to consumer complaints
- carrying out criminal investigations and inspections
- supporting local businesses and contributing to our service priority initiatives.
All this work comes together to deliver our service vision of “A rogue-free Suffolk”.
You will need:
- GCSEs in English and mathematics (A-C or equivalent)
- to hold two A levels along with a degree qualification ideally in law or science-based subject.
You will be keen and self-motivated to learn which will enable you, with full support to undertake and complete the national Level 4 Regulatory Compliance Officer apprenticeship.
We will offer you:
- flexible working hours and a commitment to the continuous development of our staff and service.
Travelling requirements for your role:
- Frequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
- Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please click here.
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them. The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship. Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Marc Titford on (01473) 264859.
Interview date: TBC May / June 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.