Our values have been developed by our own employees and set out what we ‘believe in’. These values influence everything we say and do – from our working environment to our policies, leadership, language and, of course, our behaviours.
We empower, value and develop our people to work together as one dynamic and efficient team.
- We listen, communicate and respond to each other in a timely and appropriate way - challenging each other positively and constructively
- We recognise and respect one another, building trust and genuine relationships
- We develop our employees, recognising and rewarding their achievements
- We support the well-being of our employees through fair and consistent management and the setting of clear objectives.
We care about delivering high quality, customer-focused outcomes with our communities and partners.
- We carefully listen to all our communities and proactively engage with them
- We are approachable, helpful, polite, compassionate and fair
- We are adaptable and tailor our solutions to local needs
- We are creative in order to deliver efficient, value for money, quality services.
Being Open and Honest
We are open, transparent and truthful.
- We keep things clear and straightforward
- We embrace equality and diversity, and promote inclusivity
- We use plain English
- We proactively provide relevant, timely and accessible information
- We acknowledge and learn from our mistakes, and celebrate our achievements.
We take pride in our work and take responsibility for our actions.
- We act professionally and with integrity
- We do what we say we are going to and we aim to get it right first time
- We are collectively accountable and individually responsible.
We are ambitious, inspiring our communities, taking pride in our places and striving for excellence.
- We are passionate and ambitious for all our places
- We listen to, learn from, empower and enable our communities to achieve what is important to them
- We are brave, not afraid to take risks, make difficult decisions, and challenge ourselves and our communities to think and act differently
- We review our performance regularly, actively learning from others to deliver continuous improvement