- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 13 April 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term/secondment until October 2022
Suffolk County Council have recently been awarded funds from the ESIF to run a project offering support services to increase the number and quality of apprenticeships within the county. To fulfil this exciting new project, we are looking for motivated individuals to work on a fixed term/secondment contract basis until October 2022.
You will be passionate about apprenticeships and feel that you could effectively support employers to engage with apprenticeships or support individuals to take the first or next step on their career ladder.
The role will involve:
- developing strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- being a first point of contact expert for all enquiries providing advice and guidance where necessary
- engage with employers either during meetings or at networking events, careers fairs and other employment related events, therefore ability to travel is essential
- generating interest in apprenticeships at every opportunity
- working closely with Youth Employment projects to identify those people who are ready to enter the job market
- provide support to get young people and others ‘work ready’
- be the conduit between employers and potential apprentices to support the strategic target of increasing the quantity of quality apprenticeships in Suffolk
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working in an FE college or provider but this is not essential
- previous experience in developing and managing relationships and working collaboratively
- has excellent communication and/or customer service skills
- is well organised and able to multi-task, work independently and to deadlines
- has knowledge of apprenticeships and other work ready related activity
- proficient in record keeping, use of data and evaluation
The project will be made up of two teams, either employer support or apprentice support so, once you have read the job and person profile, please indicate on your application which team you feel would be most suited to you and your experience. Travel around the county will be required with the opportunity to work in other SCC or local authority locations.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
If you are interested in one of these roles but feel you do not meet all the necessary criteria, please contact Michael Gray on (01473) 264053 for an informal discussion.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.