- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 13 April 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term/secondment until October 2022.
Suffolk County Council have recently been awarded funds from the ESIF to run a project offering support services to increase the number and quality of apprenticeships within the county. To fulfil this exciting new project, we are looking for motivated individuals to work on a fixed term/secondment contract basis until October 2022, and one of the roles can be offered on a part time basis.
You will have an interest in apprenticeships and improving the lives of those wanting to enter the employment market or improve their skills to enhance their career.
The role will involve:
- working collaboratively in a dedicated team and with other internal and external stakeholders
- responding to enquiries and providing support in line with employer or potential apprentice needs to support the Apprenticeships Suffolk Advisers
- develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external teams
- provide a basic resourcing/recruitment support function to help generate and fill apprenticeship opportunities
- contribute to recording and uploading information for compliance purposes.
We are looking for someone who:
- has some understanding of apprenticeships or education although this is not essential
- possesses good communication skills and with some previous experience of customer service
- is well organised and able to multitask and take ownership for tasks
- good IT skills for record keeping and management information purposes.
The project will be made up of two teams, one supporting employers and the other supporting potential apprentices. Whilst there would be the need to share tasks and responsibilities, if you feel your skills, experience or interest are more suited to a particular role, this can be discussed at interview. Travel around the county will be required with the opportunity to work from other SCC or Local Authority locations.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
If you are interested in one of these roles but feel you do not meet all the necessary criteria, please contact Michael Gray on (01473) 264053 for an informal discussion.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.