- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich; Riverside, Lowestoft; West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £25,295 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 November 2019 11:30 PM
Fixed term for 3 years.
Part time positions available.
We are looking to recruit Navigators (Employment and Skills) to support the Work Well Suffolk project, a 3 year initiative, part-funded by the European Social Fund.
You will be based in offices across the county to ensure we meet community demands. The main offices are Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.
- ensure links are made across Suffolk with a key strategic priority to ensure there is no duplication of provision and double funding is avoided
- work as a facilitator to support the generation of ideas and opportunities in local places, sharing this information with fellow colleagues in other localities in Suffolk
- be a skilled negotiator with exceptional communication skills and a good understanding of the employment and skills landscape across Suffolk, working with participants that have complex barriers such as learning difficulties, Autism and mental health.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only please contact Andy Mawby, Adult Learning Manager on 07704 017575 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job. Details on the project are included in the Work Well Suffolk Project summary.
In your application form, please include the number of hours you are applying for and your preferred location from the following list:
- Bury St Edmunds
Interview date: w/c 9 December 2019, Ipswich.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.