- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,000 - £20,000 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 22 November 2019 01:00 PM
22 hpw, working 3 full days per week.
Based at Ipswich County Library.
Interested in playing a key role in Suffolk Libraries' vison to enrich everyone's quality of life?
Suffolk Libraries are looking to redefine how the general public see libraries. We want to develop an experience which expands our traditional audience, but also engages new audiences. We are looking for a unique, passionate individual to join our team.
As the Governance Co-ordinator, you will be reporting to the Compliance Manager and be responsible for overseeing the governance arrangements for Suffolk Libraries and in supporting our board. You will also play a big role in helping to support our ongoing compliance agenda in relation to quality assurance and the management of our new incident management framework (IMF).
This role involves:
- ensuring that legal, statutory and other provisions governing or affecting Suffolk Libraries are observed
- organising, scheduling and attending all committee and board meetings and to provide advice on procedure
- taking minutes of all committee and board meetings and ensure decisions are implemented
- being responsible for the upkeep of key legal documents, such as leases and agreements, ensuring they are available when required
- the management of the filing system so that consistency and easy accessibility is maintained.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a self-starter, has exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage upwards
- has the ability to be flexible in approach with the ability to take ownership of new priorities at short notice
- has excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- has the ability to take notes of complex information and produce accurate minutes
- is analytical and enjoys the challenge of manipulating data to produce key trends
- is comfortable working at all levels and is discreet and trustworthy.
The role profile for this position can be found on the Suffolk Libraries website: www.suffolklibraries.co.uk
If you wish to apply for this role, please complete an application form via: https://suflili.webitrent.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.