- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 29 January 2021 01:00 PM
- £19,312 - £20,093 pa
- 37 hpw
Post 1: Sunday - Thursday
Post 2: Tuesday - Saturday
Are you a people person who enjoys working outside? Do you want to play a part in making Ipswich an enjoyable place to live, work and study, whilst also keeping fit and healthy? If so, then an exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our first-class Waste & Street Cleansing team.
Day to Day
You'll be responsible for providing a range of services than benefit over 66,000 residents across the town, including:
- Highway cleansing works
- Litter picking and sweeping shop fronts
- Cleaning traffic islands
- Emptying dog bins
- Waste & recycling collections when required
- Driving road sweepers & tipper vans.
This role consists of lots of walking and lifting. Any applicant will be asked to work within other roles in peak periods and this would mean working other shifts within the department as required.
To be suitable for this post you will need to:
- either have a Level 2 QCF in frontline service or have experience in a similar role
- hold a clean current driving license
- be willing to work as part of a team and have a flexible attitude
- be self-motivated and able to walk long distances up to 13 miles per day
- be able to carry out considerable lifting and bending.
For an informal discussion, please call Marc James on (01473) 432471.
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you can complete the online application form for this vacancy.
If you are an internal applicant please apply via ESS.
The selection process will be an interview via Microsoft Teams or Skype