- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 09 August 2019 01:00 PM
A library does more than simply loan books. It underpins the community.
This position is for an average of 32.88 hpw on the following work pattern:
- Week 1: Monday and Wednesday: 7.30am - 6pm, Friday: 7.30am - 8pm
- Week 2: Tuesday: 7.30am - 8pm, Thursday: 7.30am - 6pm, Saturday: 7.30am - 5pm, Sunday: 9.15am - 4.30pm.
Could you help shape the vision for your local library?
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society set up to run the library services for the benefit of the people in Suffolk. We are a membership organisation which encourages local people to form community groups to support their library by fundraising and developing new ways for people to discover their library.
Based at Bury St Edmunds Library we are currently looking for a Caretaker to cover a broad range of caretaking duties. Your duties will include responsibility for opening and closing buildings, library security, health and safety issues, general maintenance and distribution of materials around the building.
We need a Caretaker who can:
- be a visible presence and carry out regular security patrols within and around the building
- maintain security, acting as key holder, and assisting with public order, taking appropriate action to ensure safety of users and staff
- be responsible for supporting groups and organisations use of rooms for hire within the building
- maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation within the premises
- meet basic repair and maintenance needs of the building and surrounding area
- move goods, stock and furniture around the building as required
- support staff in the provision of activities and services throughout the building
- be customer-orientated and achieve good customer relations.
Procedural training will be provided while you work. However, you will need the following skills and experience already:
- ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of people
- knowledge of IT skills to include emails and completing online forms
- basic DIY skills using hand and power tools
- ability to deal with difficult and disruptive people confidently and appropriately
- basic knowledge of health and safety requirements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
Interview date: 4 September 2019.