- The Somerville Foundation
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 06 November 2020 01:00 PM
12 - 20 hpw, preferably during office hours Monday - Friday inclusive.
For 25 years, The Somerville Foundation has been supporting young people and adults born with a heart condition - providing help and advice, information, newsletters and peer support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join our small team.
- have at least two years' administrative experience
- have good communication skills and a can-do attitude
- have excellent literacy and numerical skills and a friendly and professional telephone manner
- be proficient using MS Office
- have a flexible attitude and a willingness to carry out a diverse range of duties on a day-to-day basis which is vital, as is attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- be effective in time management and self-discipline
- be an excellent communicator with great organisational skills
- be proactive and keen
- be forward-thinking and flexible
- have the ability to work well under pressure as well as enjoy being part of a small team.
- knowledge of SalesForce CRM
- understanding of the various social media platforms and an ability to understand target audience
- experience of other software programmes eg Canva, Gimp, Survey Monkey, Send In Blue
- experience of working in the not-for-profit sector
- a solid understanding of GDPR for data handling etc.
In the role you will:
- be the first point of contact for all enquiries
- provide general administrative support to the office
- accurately maintain and update records using CRM
- carry out general office duties
- answer and distribute incoming telephone calls, emails and assist with mail-outs
- manage the diary
- contribute to ideas for daily social media posts
- assist with content suggestions for charity quarterly newsletter
- assist with arrangements for annual conference whether a hybrid, virtual or physical event
- liaise with suppliers and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- fulfil publication orders, post out promotional materials, merchandise etc maintain stock control levels and storage area
- help with implementation and administration of a membership scheme
- take minutes at meetings as required
- carry out additional general duties as required.
For further details or to apply, please visit please email: firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV and a letter stating why you are interested and believe you are suitable for this role.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible therefore the vacancy may close early.