- Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2021 01:00 PM
- £28,419 - £29,475 pro rata
This exciting new role has been created to help our parish churches develop fundraising skills, funding knowledge and sound resource management practice. It will play a key role in our finance and resourcing strategy, which aims to assist local parish churches in becoming sustainable.
You will be part of a small but innovative Finance and Resourcing team, working within the Diocesan Board of Finance (the DBF), a charity which provides administrative support to the Church of England in Suffolk, serving 443 parish churches throughout the county.
The role will entail working alongside local churches to provide grants and fundraising support. This could include providing assistance in undertaking successful grant applications; helping to plan fundraising campaigns/community engagement; growing a diocesan-wide fundraising volunteer network; producing general advice on these topics; and pointing parishes towards other key initiatives outlined within the finance and resourcing strategy.
We are looking for someone who:
- relishes a challenging but rewarding work environment
- is interested in helping churches grow
- is able to demonstrate experience in fundraising, either on a voluntary or paid basis
- is people-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop good working relationships
- is willing to travel to and visit historic church buildings throughout Suffolk
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workloads.
We offer a competitive salary, discretionary non-working days (Christmas, Easter), employee pension and flexible working. Training will be provided on Church of England structures and workings.
If you would like to find out more about this pivotal role, please contact Lee Jukes, our Parish Finance and Resources Manager for an informal discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01473) 298551.
Interview date: 11 February 2021