- YMCA Trinity Group
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £12,920 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2019 01:00 PM
At the YMCA Trinity Group we offer services and support to young lives and their families across Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and into Northamptonshire.
In Suffolk we are proud to run Youth Lowestoft, supporting young people living in Lowestoft to realise their full potential.
We are excited to be recruiting for a Youth Project Worker to help deliver YMCA Trinity Groups Youth Services across Lowestoft. Developing self-esteem and confidence in young people, improving wellbeing, encouraging healthy life choices and raising aspirations.
You will serve all young people in the community, with a focus on those young people who are disadvantaged and most at risk of engaging in unhealthy and/or destructive lifestyles.
You will deliver cooking sessions for parents and young people and provide one to one support in local schools.
YMCA Trinity Group Youth Services strive to deliver excellent and relevant services to the community. With young people being the driving force behind our work, all projects are young person led.
- be friendly, approachable and have the ability to communicate effectively with young people
- have a recognised vocational qualification in a related area
- have experience of working with children young people
- have a full UK driver’s license
- have a good standard of literacy and be competent in using Microsoft.
Additional benefits include:
- 25 days holiday pro rata for part time staff
- competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS cost paid
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- regular supervisions
- internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme.
The role will involve working evenings, day times and the occasional weekend.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information, alternatively if you would like to know more you can contact Kay Westgate, Youth Project Co-ordinator on 07971 102349 or email: email@example.com
Interview date: 7 May 2019.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.