- Bright Sparks Nursery
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,102 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 26 July 2019 12:00 PM
8am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday, 43 weeks a year; term time plus five weeks holiday pay.
Ideally, required from the start of the Autumn Term, however, we are committed to finding the right person to lead our team and will prioritise this over early availability.
Are you ready for a challenge?
Looking for the next stage of your career?
Wanting to make a positive impact on the lives of children and their families?
Then this may be the job for you.
Bright Sparks is parent committee-led day nursery operating in South West Ipswich which will be converting to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) during the academic year 2019 / 2020. The nursery cares for children from two years old until they start school and was rated 'Good' by Ofsted (December 2017).
We have been operating since 1981 and are located in the Church building of St Peter Stoke Park (using a dedicated hall, children's toilets and office space).
We are looking for an individual who is motivated and able to work with and continue to inspire a team of dedicated staff. You will have a background in Early Years Practice and child development and will ensure that the nursery operates to the highest standard, providing the best possible environment and care for young children.
- To ensure the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage are adhered to
- As ADSL, to share with the DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead) responsibility for overseeing safeguarding and child protection matters within the setting
- To promote the well-being of children within the nursery in accordance with the policies and procedures of the nursery
- To be responsible for and to oversee the day-to-day management, staffing, organization and smooth running of the nursery
- Build good working relationships at every level. Working in partnership with families is highly valued and the Nursery Manager must be approachable, friendly and able to communicate effectively at all times
- To work with and support the Deputy Manager and Room Leader to model outstanding practice
- To work with the staff to plan and provide age-appropriate child and adult led activities within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- To ensure that relevant records are maintained, and parents / carers are kept up to date with the progress of their children
- To work with the finance administrator to budget and oversee regular reporting to the Management Committee (Trustees when the CIO takes effect), ensuring that the nursery operates within its budget, payments are authorised in a timely manner and staff salary is paid promptly
- To be responsible for the writing and updating of all policies and procedures and bringing them to the Management Committee (Trustees) for approval in a timely manner
- To ensure with the Deputy Manager and Room Leader that all policies / procedures / checklists are implemented
- To represent the nursery at peer groups and professional bodies including with local schools
- To market the nursery to maximise the number of children on role and fee income
- A commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues
- An awareness of the new Ofsted Framework is desirable.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Level 3 Childcare Qualification and a desire to work towards higher qualifications and professional development
- A minimum of 2 years' experience
- Experience of leadership in a nursery or other suitable setting
- Relevant Safeguarding Training / First Aid / Food Hygiene.
Visits to the nursery are encouraged, to arrange an appointment, or for further information, please contact Susie Laycock, Chair of the Management Committee, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms should be returned via email to: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 5 August 2019.
At Bright Sparks we are committed to child protection and safeguarding children against harm. We promote the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff members and volunteers to share this commitment as informed by our robust policies and procedures.
Bright Sparks is an Equal Opportunities Employer.