- Edelweiss Day Care Nursery
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 June 2019 01:00 PM
42 hpw, 8.15am - 5.30pm / 8.30am - 5.45pm, all year round.
We have a new opportunity for a professional, enthusiastic Nursery Manager.
We are a small, well established, full (with waiting lists) nursery catering for children ranging from 4 months - 5 years. All of our employees are flexible, caring, professional and proactive team players.
This new role covers the entire nursery; pre-school and baby / toddler area, with 20 children daily and 4 practitioners.
Alongside having your own key group, the purpose of this new position is to lead, co-ordinate and provide (including managing, motivating and inspiring others to provide) the best EYFS curriculum opportunity at nursery, ensuring children progress to the best of their potential within a safe, fun and stimulating indoor and outdoor environment.
Other key areas of the role include:
- ensuring the children at nursery (all areas/ages) are provided with activities and opportunities relevant to individual need and interest, in line with all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage and so ensuring the best possible experience for each individual child at nursery, moving forward in their development. This includes having key person responsibilities for own key group.
- ensuring the smooth day to day running of the nursery, including allocating key tasks to team members
- project responsibility / co-ordination
- management / leadership and guidance work of around 4 qualified Early Years Practitioners, including monitoring / mentoring around quality standard, performance, maintaining nursery reputation, task allocation, organisation and forward planning
- working within practices and policies, including high standards of care, parent partnership and health and safety and Safeguarding.
Qualifications and experience:
- Early Years Degree / Foundation Degree (with assessed practice pathway, if not having previously obtained Level 3 Childcare and Education) is preferred, however candidates with Level 3 or above in Child Care and Education will be considered with leadership experience and working experience of all age ranges under 5 years
- A minimum of 3 years employed experience of work with children under 5 years, including babies
- Great communication skills (verbal and written) are essential as we are ECaT accredited and working through the Champions for Children programme.
For further information and to apply, please send your CV (or a brief summary of qualifications / experience), via email to: email@example.com