- Edelweiss Day Care Nursery
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- circa £24,000 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 28 November 2019 01:00 PM
Approx. 42 hpw, with a mix of hours between 8.15am - 5.30pm / 8.30am - 5.45pm, Monday - Friday, year-round.
We are a well-established, very small family owned nursery open Monday - Friday, year-round (except bank holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year), from 8.15am - 5.45pm. We care for children aged 4 months - around 5 years old. All employees must be professional, flexible team players to ensure the best possible experience for each child at our nursery.
We are looking for an experienced, professional and fully qualified Nursery Manager / Leader to join our team.
The position involves having a key group so working with children in maintained. The position does not involve government funding calculations, invoicing, financials, rotas and as such is nursery based.
- manage our small, very well-established nursery (4 staff, 20 children)
- lead, co-ordinate and provide the best EYFS curriculum opportunities, ensuring children progress to the best of their potential within a safe, fun and stimulating indoor and outdoor environment
- co-ordinate activities on a day-to-day basis and co-ordinate planning of activities, ensuring the team produce timely trackers, development summaries, parent meetings, PLODs for next steps and any 4 monthly tracker analysis / action planning
- ensure all children are provided with activities and opportunities relevant to individual need and interest, in line with all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- ensure the best possible experience for each individual child at our nursery, enabling them to move forward in their development, including having key person responsibilities for your own key group
- ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the nursery, taking responsibility for allocated key tasks and projects
- undertake management and guidance work of around 4 team members
- manage relationships with parents
- work within practices and policies, including high standards of care, parent partnership, health and safety, safeguarding and EYFS.
Experience and qualifications:
- A minimum level 3 Childcare and Education qualification is essential
- Experience of working with all age ranges from babies - 5 years in an Early Years setting
- Experience of managing an Early Years setting is preferred, otherwise experience for a minimum of 3 years' of managing an Early Years setting area with a minimum of 5 staff reporting to you
- Experience of managing projects or improvement initiatives is desirable, along with the ability to proactively and professionally manage staff, processes, reputation and maintain very high standards of care and provision.
The job description can be downloaded from the related information section.
To apply or find out more, please contact Nikki Hall via email: email@example.com