- Risby Preschool and Childcare Services
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £9.75 - £11.25 ph*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 29 November 2019 01:00 PM
35 - 40 hpw, Monday - Friday, 7.45am - 6pm, term time only.
Risby Preschool & Childcare Services have a fantastic opportunity for a Preschool Leader to join our team.
We provide a warm family atmosphere where children thrive and have loads of fun. We provide high-quality education and care from 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday, term time only, for children aged 2 - 11. We currently have 6 members of staff and can take up to 24 children in a session.
Your role will be to lead our team and continue our success whilst bringing fresh ideas to our wonderfully equipped setting.
We require an experienced practitioner who has a childcare level 3 qualification (or higher) with initiative, enthusiasm and who is able to work independently as well as leading the team.
- Minimum level 3 Childcare qualification
- Sound understanding of EYFS framework
- At least 2 years' experience working in an Early Years setting or at least 2 years' other suitable experience
- Ability to plan and implement a preschool curriculum
- Commitment to young children and families and ability to work in partnership with parents and carers
- Suitability to care for children
- Demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to attend training and other development opportunities
- Ability to work with parents / carers to encourage their involvement in their child education and development
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Commitment to working collaboratively within a team
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Enthusiasm to undertake activities with the children and a proactive approach to the role
- Basic IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Up-to-date safeguarding, paediatric first aid and food safety training
- Evidence of relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Experience of working in an Early Years setting
- Experience of recruitment, induction and supervision of staff
- Some experience of planning and providing for high-quality childcare and education.
*Salary is graded on your childcare qualification.
For further information, please contact Rachel Crouch, Centre Co-ordinator on (01284) 810794 or email: email@example.com
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to the preschool: Risby Preschool, Aylmer Close, Risby, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP28 6RT.
At Risby Preschool & Childcare Services we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We carry out enhanced DBS checks on all staff and volunteers.