- St Mary's Pre-School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 November 2020 01:00 PM
£18,500 - £25,000 pa
40 hpw, term time only (with some administrative exceptions).
St Mary’s Pre-School are looking for an outgoing, motivated and experienced pre-school manager to lead us through the next stage of our ongoing development and drive for excellence.
About St Mary’s Pre-School
As an established and popular pre-school, St Mary’s operates 8 sessions of 3 hours per week for children aged from 2 - 5 years.
Our core aims are:
- to provide high quality, safe and consistent care and education for children below statutory school age
- to work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- to add to the life and well-being of the local community
- to offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
- You will be a motivated and confident early years practitioner with at least 2 years’ experience managing staff in an early year’s setting
- You will be proficient in implementing the EYFS at a managerial level and as a practitioner in addition to holding an NVQ Level 3 qualification in childcare
- You will be focused on quality of education and the safeguarding of children and will have knowledge and practical experience of both
- Personal development and development of others (including staff) will be a core strength and objective for you (and you will have examples of this).
About the Role
Alongside the Business Manager, and with the support of the Deputy Manager, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring a safe, high quality provision of education and care for pre-school children, in line with the EYFS
- working with staff and committee to drive forward improvements to help the setting achieve a ‘Good’ and, in time, ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
- running the setting on a day-to-day basis including working with the children, managing staff and liaising with parents
- role-modelling best practice in all areas of work and act as a source of guidance and advice for staff members and their ongoing development
- ensuring that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are met including implementation of (and contribution to) pre-school policies
- leading by example and ensuring collaborative working with staff to implement and uphold the highest standards for the pre-school
- developing strong working relationships with staff, parents, committee and external stakeholders and agencies.
- Free access to an employee assistance programme;
- Free on-site parking;
- Payment into a pension scheme
- Access to regular additional training and personal development opportunities.
For an informal chat about the vacancy please contact Patricia Crabb on (01473) 807252.
For more information about the pre-school please visit: www.stmarys-preschool-ipswich.org.uk
How to Apply:
The following attachments are available in the related information section for download:
- Full Job Description
- Full Person Specification
- Application Form.
You should then email your completed application form to:
firstname.lastname@example.org along with an up-to-date CV.
Interview date: 9 November 2020. To include a short presentation to the interview panel, questions on key areas and a trial session with the children and staff.
St Mary’s Pre-school is committed to safeguarding children, an enhanced DBS check will be necessary for the successful applicant.