- The Willows Daycare
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 22 January 2021 01:00 PM
- £17,277 pa
- 38 hpw
- Fixed term contract for one year to cover maternity leave.
We are looking for two Level 3 qualified, Early Years Practitioners to join our friendly team at The Willows Daycare.
We are a non-profit charity nursery rated Outstanding by Ofsted, which opened in January 2007, providing a safe, secure and exciting environment in which children aged birth - 11 years have the opportunity to begin their journey of lifelong learning, exploration and play.
We are located in Ipswich, a 10 minute drive from the town centre and a 5 minute drive from A12/A14.
You must have:
- A Level 3 qualification in Early Years
- GCSE grade A - C in English
- good organisation skills
- excellent time management skills
- excellent communication skills.
Your main roles will be to:
- safeguard and promote the welfare of the children
- interact and play with children
- support a group of children through the key person role
- support children’s learning and development daily through effective implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- maintain good professional relationships with key children and their families
- complete individual observations, assessments and planning for your key children
- plan next steps for individual children based around observations, assessments and the child’s interest
- observe children’s schemas and implement enhancements to support these
- support children’s behaviour, with an understanding of the emotional needs of two year olds
- ensure key children’s learning journeys are kept up to date
- monitor key children’s progress through termly trackers
- assist in the ongoing maintenance of the environment, ensuring equipment is safe and standards of hygiene are high
- set up an engaging environment following the weekly short term environment plans
- be responsible for areas of continuous provision, maintaining and developing the areas by working through action plans
- assist to ensure safety procedures for children and staff are practised at all times, through completing daily indoor and outdoor safety checks, recording and reporting accidents, incidents and safeguarding concerns
- assist with personal care, i.e. nappy changes, potty training and toileting
- support parents with potty training
- prepare and serve meals and snacks in accordance with the settings food and drink policy
- recognise children as individuals, ensuring their needs are recognised and met
- follow direction from senior staff as well as using own initiative
- uphold the standards and reputation of the setting at all times.
To request an application form please telephone: (01473) 601327 or email: email@example.com
Please complete and send your application form to: Jo Lynch / Lucy Ray, The Willows Daycare, Magdalene Close, Ipswich IP2 9UX. Applications may also be sent via email.
The Willows Daycare is committed to safeguarding children, successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.