- The Willows Daycare
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 03 August 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,347 - £18,882 pa
- 38 hours per week
- A - C GCSE grade in English and mathematics (or equivalent) required along with 3 years post-qualification experience.
We are a non-profit charity nursery rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2019), which opened in January 2007. The Willows Daycare offers an inclusive, safe, fun environment, giving children aged birth - 11 years the opportunity to develop positive relationships, to thrive and understand and enjoy the awe and wonder of the world.
We are located in Ipswich, a 10 minute drive from the town centre and a 5 minute drive from A12/A14.
We are looking for a Senior Early Years Practitioner who is passionate about providing high-quality care and education and have excellent knowledge of early years practice and child development. You will need to be dedicated, confident at talking with parents and work well as part of a team.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- To follow and ensure all staff work within the Daycare ethos by providing experiences and an environment that promote awe and wonder for all children
- To lead and motivate the team, communicating and directing staff as necessary ensuring positive teamwork at all times. Challenging staff as necessary and report any concerns to the management team
- Act as a positive role model, encouraging staff to work to best practice and strive for high quality care and education at all times
- Play and interact with children, following their interests, extending their play, and learning to further their development
- Complete weekly room enhancement plan, taking ideas from key persons, individual plans, and medium-term plans
- Prepare the daily environment according to the weekly enhancement plan, adapting where necessary to meet individual children’s needs and/or interests
- Lead room meetings, reflecting on the environment, routines, children’s behaviour, and learning. Addressing any issues as required and developing plans for continuous improvement
- Support key children throughout the session following each child’s individual plan
- Record key moments, interests and milestones using the Tapestry online learning journey system
- Effectively communicate with parents, sharing information on a daily basis
- Ensure children are safeguarded from harm. Recording and reporting all and any concerns, accidents, and incidents. Support staff in Issues of safeguarding and report to the setting safeguarding officer where necessary following procedures set out in the setting safeguarding policy
- Value diversity by providing equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children and families.
Please complete and send your application form to: Jo Lynch / Emily Carter, The Willows Daycare, The Willows Children’s Centre, Magdalene Close, Ipswich IP2 9UX. Applications may also be sent via email.
Interview date: 10 August 2021.
The Willows Daycare is committed to safeguarding children, successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.