- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 26 October 2021 01:00 PM
- £24,982 - £26,511 per annum
- 37 hours per week
- Based in Lowestoft
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Building Maintenance team, to undertake a wide range and scale of general building maintenance tasks. These would cover elements such as bricklaying, tiling, plastering, and concreting in conjunction with general building maintenance projects to council owned housing stock and private customers.
You will be qualified to NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent City and Guilds) standard or have recent relevant experience.
Being fully competent in full room plastering will be a distinct advantage, and a full current UK driving licence is essential to this role.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and to hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work, take a look at our video.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays)
- Local government pension scheme
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
- Overtime available (subject to service needs)
- Power/battery operated tools provided.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
Should you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org