- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 26 October 2021 01:00 PM
- £24,982 - £27,741 per annum, plus £1,800 multi-skilled allowance per annum
- 37 hours per week
- Based in Lowestoft
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Building Maintenance team, to undertake various plumbing works to the Authorities Housing Stock within the district, as well as Private Owner Occupier and Housing association properties in neighbouring areas.
You must be qualified to City and Guilds in plumbing (or equivalent) and be competent in all areas of domestic plumbing with the addition of an out of trade skill set to enable the delivery of projects such as full kitchen and wet room installations (wet room finished flooring by others) to a good acceptable standard.
As part of your contractual duties, you will be required to take part in our out of hours stand by rota arrangements for which you will receive additional remuneration.
You may be required to complete a practical and/or theory test as part of the selection process.
Being in possession of a current full UK driving licence is essential to this role.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and to hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work, take a look at our video.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays)
- Local government pension scheme
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
- Standby payment (as required by service)
- Overtime available (as required by service)
- Power/battery operated tools provided.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
If you have any questions regarding this post, please email: email@example.com