- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 30 September 2021 01:00 PM
- £22,183 - £27,741 per annum
- Fixed Term to 31 March 2022
- Based in either Lowestoft or Melton.
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
You will be responsible for a caseload of applicants who present to the Council in acute housing need (Homelessness, Housing Advice and Options and Homeless Prevention).
Your duties will include:
- assessing and verifying housing applications
- providing housing advice and information at the first point of contact on Choice Based Letting and the housing register
- work within the policies and laid down procedures, statutory guidance, legislation and elements of the Housing Needs Service Plan
You will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, interviewing and written communication skills, and a working knowledge of the Housing Act 2004. You will also have excellent organisation and negotiation skills as well as the ability to remain calm when challenged on decisions.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. Find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and why our employees think it is such a great place to work.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development.
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking (for when you are working in the office).
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the majority of our teams are working from home and there are strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. In terms of working location, this role will involve both working from home and in the office, dependent on service needs. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please get in touch.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Poppy Wragg Poppy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1pm, 30 September 2021.
Interview date: 5 October 2021.