- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 October 2019 11:30 PM
You will be working as part of the Financial Inclusion and Advice Service (FIAS) for Adult and Community Services, supporting the Finance and Performance Managers with the work of the team. This includes assisting the team, customers and care providers with sometimes complex queries about the financial assessment process.
You will need:
- an understanding of adult social care and the impact of chargeable services
- experience and commitment to good customer service
- good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- to be able keep accurate and clear recordings
- be open to change
- to be confident in working directly with customers, their families, Social Work services and care providers
- an understanding of the financial issues people with long term and complex medical conditions face would be an advantage.
Training and on-going mentoring for the role will be provided.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Callie Lanham-Tolliday on (01728) 652318.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.