- St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £25,295 - £32,878 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 03 May 2019 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 52 weeks per year.
- Are you looking for a varied finance role where no two days are the same?
- Are you confident with financial accounting systems?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and customer support?
- Are you good at meeting deadlines?
If so, this could be the role just for you.
We are looking for an exceptional Business and Finance Officer to join our proactive and supportive central team at St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
The MAT currently has 18 schools and seeks a Business and Finance Officer to help us provide financial management support to our schools and to our directors. As well as undertaking financial procedures, recording financial transactions and providing support, the role involves liaison with school business managers, headteachers and suppliers.
The role is mostly office based in Ipswich town centre but also includes travel to our schools across rural Suffolk to provide on-site support at key times.
We require the following experience and qualities:
- comprehensive experience of using accounting systems and completing financial procedures with minimum supervision, i.e. recording financial transactions, processing journals and reconciliations
- experience of budget preparation and financial forecasts
- experience of using Excel spreadsheets and devising templates
- ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively and disseminate to others
- ability to work with others in a supportive and professional manner
- ability to meet deadlines and work flexibly
- numeracy skills with minimum equivalent of GCSE Mathematics grade A-C
- equivalent qualification / experience of Association of Accounting Technicians or working towards
- good communication skills including ability to write clear business English
- trustworthy, reliable and conscientious
- the ability to travel throughout Suffolk.
Benefits of joining us include:
- local Government conditions of service including the Local Government Pension Scheme
- opportunities of working in a growing organisation
- friendly and supportive team.
For more information, please visit our website: www.cofesuffolkmat.org/vacancies
For an informal chat, please contact Michelle Roots, Business and Finance Manager, on (01473) 298539.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: 13 May 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.