- St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £38,695*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2020 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 52 weeks per year.
We have an exciting new post of Senior Business and Finance Officer in our successful multi-academy trust, which has a diverse range of 19 primary schools across Suffolk.
Will you be the exceptional person we are looking for?
- can you give reliable and succinct financial reports to aid decision making
- can you manage staff and organise priorities
- can you delve safely into accounting systems' backgrounds?
If so, this could be the role for you.
The role will support the Business and Finance Manager with the strategic vision of the trust's financial management and procurement functions and ensure the central finance team monitors the Education and Skills Agency financial requirements (Academies Financial Handbook). The role will line manage two experienced Business and Finance Officers and oversee the trust's monthly management accounts reporting and financial systems and will include visits to schools from time to time.
You will need detailed understanding and experience in the following areas:
- financial management reporting across several sites and expenditure types
- budget setting and monitoring
- financial accounting (control accounts and balance sheets)
- accounting system administration
- completion of government financial returns
- customer service and communication
- comprehensive spreadsheet skills for designing templates for other users
- team management
- education / not for profit.
- a friendly and collaborative team based in the town centre of Ipswich (walking distance from railway station and bus stations)
- job satisfaction, knowing that you have made a difference
- performance management
- Local Government terms and conditions including Local Government Pension Scheme.
* Incremental progression within the grade will be subject to performance.
Please review the application pack which includes the job description and person specification. We welcome enquiries from potential candidates, please contact Michelle Roots, Business and Finance Manager on (01473) 298539 for an informal chat.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please download and complete the application documentation from this webpage. We will only accept job applications on our MAT application forms, please do not apply online via the websites or send CVs.
Interview date: 7 February 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.