- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beccles Fire Station
- Salary details:
- Retaining Fee plus drills, turnouts and attendance allowance
- Job term:
- Part Time
- On Call
- Closing date:
- 01 June 2021 11:30 PM
Would you like to be a firefighter on a part time basis?
- Are you available to respond to incidents at most times during the day and night?
- Want to save lives and engage with your community?
Key things to bear in mind to become an on-call firefighter:
- You should ideally live and/or work within 5 minutes of the fire station you are applying to
- It would be considered an advantage if you are available to respond during the daytime
- If currently employed, it is essential that you will be able to be released by your employer to respond to emergencies.
We will look at applications for stations with a current vacancy during the selection period for the Approval to Ride course in December 2021.
Please note that cover required will be subject to station need and will form part of the shortlisting process.
For more information, please contact Martyn Hazelwood (Watch Manager / On-Call Firefighter's Liaison Officer) on 07935 009985 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call into your local fire station.
Please read the information on the right before applying for this job and view further details about on- call vacancies within the Suffolk Fire and Rescue service on the below link
You should receive an automatic response when your application is received, please check your junk folder if not received in your inbox. After this the next response you receive is likely to be after the closing date.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.