- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 28 October 2020 11:30 PM
£32,910 (pro rata for part time)
The HR Advice team supports over 6000 employees spread across Suffolk. As the HR Advice Team Manager, you will be responsible for the effective management, delivery and resolution of all employee relations casework. In this role, you will guide and support managers and colleagues through a wide range of employee relations activity supported by a small team of Advisors.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- proactively oversee and manage end to end complex employee relations cases, coaching HR and business leaders as required on how to address such people issues
- cultivating effective working relationships with the business by advising business leaders on people-management and employee relations issues, equipping them to effectively manage in the future
- line manage and provide support and guidance to the Advisers, developing their skills whilst monitoring the overall case load and its effective delivery, ensuring consistency in line with legal requirements.
- partnering with both in-house and external legal teams on ER processes and establish overall lines of authority to act. Seek guidance from in-house Employment Lawyer and external solicitors where required for individual case work where necessary
- partnering with the Business, Occupational Health and Pensions Teams in the application of ill health dismissals and retirements
- lead a team ensuring priorities, objectives and expectations are clearly communicated, and robust performance management and staff development
- organise resources effectively when demands on the service are high
- actively managing people and processes within the team, working closely with colleagues and customers, to deliver consistent and straightforward solutions.
Naturally motivated to find the best approaches both for customers and the business, your focus will be on how we can develop and improve, so our customers can concentrate on what is important to them.
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding environment where you can make a real difference to your customers, team and the people of Suffolk.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Tracie Tebbutt on 07704 018303
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.