- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 17 January 2021 11:30 PM
£32,910 - £35,536 (pro rata for part time)
Fixed term for 2 years (funding).
This is an interesting opportunity to work alongside a team of people who support and develop data warehouses and reporting tools for Suffolk County Council and the wider Suffolk system including a range of organisations and agencies in the public, private and third sectors that are based, operate or have influence in the county.
Some of the key aspects of the role are to:
- become an established technical expert for all elements of Microsoft BI reporting including Power BI
- support the analysis of complex statistical, business and activity data and exercise expert judgement to provide the best BI solution
- work with colleagues and users to identify requirements and provide solutions for the management of and access to information and its effective use in the business processes of the organisations with a particular focus on BI solutions and Data Warehousing
- assist in defining acceptance tests for automated systems, in a thorough and reliable manner
- run and suggest improvements to processes and procedures for maintaining data flows
- be able to join data from various sources to support report writer’s requirements, quickly being able to interpret and exploit data provided.
You will be joining the IT Enterprise Applications team where we are developing data warehouses to support requirements of the organisation with particular emphasis on Public Health and Social Care data.
You will be expected to learn at pace, be inquisitive and demonstrate an interest in how processes work and data is used within the organisation.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Carol Mitson on (01473) 265601
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.