- Lapwing Education
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 10 December 2020 01:00 PM
- Up to £38,000 pro rata (actual up to £32,793 pa)
- 37.5 hpw, term time only (part time may also be considered)
Required to start asap.
- Are you an outstanding teacher looking for a different challenge outside the classroom?
- Are you searching for an organisation which believes strongly in the holistic development of young people?
- Do you want to work for a student-centred provision, which offers highly personalised and exciting learning opportunities?
- Are you keen to develop your capabilities tutoring students with complex needs?
- Do you have access to a car to enable you to work with students across Suffolk?
Lapwing continues to grow and strengthen its peripatetic Education Team and is looking for highly versatile tutor(s), working out of home, to deliver best practice tutoring of young people with special educational needs. This role may involve tutoring in both a 1:1 and very small group capacity in local venues.
You will be an outstanding teacher from any age range, with robust knowledge and experience of teaching, assessing and working with young people with special educational needs. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and creative teaching approaches.
Lapwing is a specialist education provider and charity currently expanding in East Anglia, working with young people (aged 4-25 years old) facing exclusion from education, employment and the community through social, emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties and disabilities. Lapwing delivers a broad range of highly personalised education programmes and projects that are designed to meet the needs of, and help realise the aspirations of, each student.
This is ideally a full time position, but part time appointments are also possible. The post is peripatetic covering education programmes delivered across Suffolk.
There are opportunities for professional development and career progression as the charity grows.
Please return all completed applications by email to Kirsty Burgess, Education Support Administrator, via: email@example.com.
Appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Lapwing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.