- WS Training Limited
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £22,000 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 19 October 2019 01:00 PM
22.5 hpw, 3 days, 8.30am - 5pm, term time only.
An opportunity has arisen at WS Training for a Study Programme Tutor to join our team based at our Supported Learning Centre in Fore Street, Ipswich.
You will be taking responsibility for planning and delivering high-quality teaching, learning and assessment to our students who have a broad range of specialist educational needs and disabilities.
It is likely that you will have:
- recent experience of working in an educational setting and delivering learning to students
- experience of developing programmes of study for young people who have experienced barriers to their lives and education
- knowledge and understanding of the multiple barriers young people face and be able to develop support mechanisms / interventions
- experience of delivering Functional Skills mathematics and English
- evidence of relevant professional development
- current knowledge and understanding of the FE sector
- robust knowledge of safeguarding, prevent and equality and diversity
- possession of a current driving license
- good ICT skills
- the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with people at all levels
- the ability to relate to young people with multiple barriers to education
- the ability to demonstrate flexibility
- a positive outlook within a challenging environment.
Education / qualifications desired:
- Minimum level 3 teaching qualification
- Minimum level 2 functional skills or equivalent in mathematics and English.
To apply, please forward your CV, along with a covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org