- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 07 August 2019 01:00 PM
A library does more than simply loan books. It underpins the community.
This position is for an average of 20.25 hpw on the following work pattern:
- Week 1: Tuesday: 8.30am - 5pm, Wednesday: 10am - 3pm, Friday: 8.30am - 2pm
- Week 2: Monday: 9am - 2pm, Tuesday: 2pm -7.30pm Thursday: 1pm - 5.30pm, Saturday: 8.30am - 5pm.
Could you help shape the vision for your local library?
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which now runs Suffolk’s library service.
Our vision is to “transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs.”
Our Libraries are looking for people who share this vision and want to join our team.
We are interested in someone who:
- has an aspiration to deliver great customer service
- can demonstrate appropriate and effective communication skills with the aim of building positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- can engage confidently with young people and is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children’s activities and crafts
- has experience using everyday IT packages and who could also offer guidance to customers
- can work as an effective team member
- understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, experience of working with children and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Interview date: 2 September 2019.