- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 21 October 2019 01:00 PM
Based at HMP Highpoint.
You will work an average of 17.25 hpw on the following 2 week work pattern:
- Week 1: Monday 8am - 1pm, Wednesday 7.45am - 3.30pm, Friday 7.45am -12.30pm.
- Week 2: Monday 8am - 1pm, Wednesday 7.45am -3.30pm, Thursday 1pm - 7pm.
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which runs Suffolk's library service, including prison libraries.
Our vision is to "transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs."
We are looking for an individual who can provide a high-quality library service to prisoners.
We are interested in someone who:
- aspires to deliver great customer service
- is friendly and approachable with a confident manner and the ability to remain vigilant
- can demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and effective communication skills
- enjoys reading and promoting reading to others and is willing to support and deliver the additional activities we offer
- is IT literate and competent in the use of computer packages to provide information to customers
- is able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and to work on their own initiative as well as being an effective team member
- has sufficient emotional resilience to work in what can be both a challenging and highly rewarding environment
- understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people and have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please visit the Suffolk Libraries website: suflili.webitrent.com