- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,495 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 27 September 2019 01:00 PM
Come and work for Suffolk Libraries!
Suffolk Libraries is a charitable organisation, independent of Suffolk County Council, which runs the library service throughout Suffolk.
Our vision is to 'transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs.'
We are looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to join our team.
- have the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers in providing a customer focused and responsive service
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and
- enjoy engaging with people and building relationships
- be proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will increase the use of the library
- have the IT knowledge required to support, assist and train staff and customers in using various forms of technology, including computers, tablet devices, and smart phones
- have the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to ensure that that both individual and team goals are achieved.
- have the necessary communication and partnership working skills to work effectively with The Friends of Framlingham Library in helping to enhance and improve the library.
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
* £10.62 ph
An average of 16.88 hpw worked on a 4-week rota:
- Week 1: Tues 10am - 2.30pm, Thurs 10am - 2pm, Fri 9.15am - 1.15pm, Sat 10am- 5pm (18.5 hpw)
- Week 2: Tues 10am - 2.30pm, Thurs 10am - 2pm, Fri 9.15am - 1.15pm (12.5 hpw)
- Week 3: Tues 10am - 2.30pm, Thurs 10am - 2pm, Fri 9.15am - 1.15pm, Sat 10am - 5pm (18.5 hpw)
- Week 4: Tues 10am - 2.30pm, Thurs 10am - 2pm, Fri 9.15am - 1.15pm, Sun 10.45am - 4.15pm (18 hpw).
Please send your CV, together with a supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries via email to: email@example.com