- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.19 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 22 March 2019 01:00 PM
The role will involve weekend work and cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness.
A library does more than simply loan books. It underpins the community.
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society set up to run the library services for the benefit of the people in Suffolk. We are a membership organisation which encourages local people to form community groups to support their library by fundraising and developing new ways for people to discover their library.
Based at Ipswich County Library, we are currently looking for a Relief Caretaker to work on an as and when basis to cover a broad range of caretaking duties. Your duties will include responsibility for opening and closing buildings, library security, health and safety issues, general maintenance and distribution of mail and other materials around the building.
We need a Caretaker who can:
- be a visible presence and carry out regular security patrols within and around the building
- maintain security, acting as key holder, and assisting with public order, taking appropriate action to ensure safety of users and staff
- maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation within the premises
- meet basic repair and maintenance needs of the building and surrounding area
- move furniture around the building as required
- be customer-orientated and achieve good customer relations.
Procedural training will be provided while you work. However, you will need the following skills and experience already:
- Ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of people
- Knowledge of IT skills to include emails and completing online forms
- Basic DIY skills using hand and power tools
- Ability to deal with difficult and disruptive people confidently and appropriately
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements.
To apply, please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 1 April 2019.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.