- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 28 June 2019 01:00 PM
Based in Sudbury and the surrounding area this role will involve weekend work and cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness. As there is a variety of library sizes in the Sudbury area, the role may involve some lone working at times.
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which now runs Suffolk's library service.
Our vision is to "transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs."
Our Libraries are looking for people who share this vision and want to join our team.
- have an aspiration to deliver great customer service
- demonstrate appropriate and effective communication skills with the aim of building positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- be enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children's activities and crafts
- have experience using everyday IT packages and be willing to offer guidance to customers
- be ability to work as an effective team member
- understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
Please note that some of the libraries are in rural locations with limited public transport links, access to personal transport and a willingness to travel to other libraries is essential.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries to: email@example.com
Interviews will take place at Sudbury Library.
Interview date: 12 July 2019.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy