- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,903 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 September 2020 11:30 PM
In Suffolk, we continue to develop a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) that are amongst the best and most innovative in England.
Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families. We are working closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care to achieve this, but we still have a great deal to do.
If you share our values and ambitions, we would love you to join our team on a 12 month secondment or fixed term contract.
- have high standards
- be able to deliver change quickly
- demonstrate key-working approaches in their everyday practice and have professional relationships with and an understanding of education settings and partner agencies to underpin this work
- be the key contact for children, young people and families until such time that it is agreed that this is no longer needed or there is a significant geographically change i.e. family move or change in education placement
- provide support and guidance to children, young people and their families for whom additional support may be required within school or when the current education placement is at risk of breakdown. This will include information and advice about the Local Offer or SEND Pathway, engaging with and signposting to education and partner agency services as required.
In return, you will:
- be part of a team which includes practitioners from a range of backgrounds to provide a wealth of knowledge and experience and to build strong working partnerships across the education, health, and care system
- have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
The SEND Family Services team leads on all aspects of our family facing work and supports individual children and young people with SEND and their families throughout their SEND journey.
- securing the right education offer to support their specific needs and ensuring regular and effective review of their progress
- holding providers to account across the system for meeting the needs of individual children and young people.
For an informal discussion, please contact Hannah Large on 07864 609606.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.