- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Haymills House, Stowmarket
- Salary details:
- £43,821 - £49,385 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 16 August 2020 11:30 PM
Flexible working options available to support you, your work-life balance and career.
Central IDT (Integrated Delivery Team), Mental Health (MH), Adult and Community Services (ACS).
Take up this opportunity and lead our IDT to support people of working age (25+) who have a severe and enduring mental illness.
You will play a key part in the Mental Health Service provision in Suffolk, supported by our Mental Health Strategy; which has been co-produced with partners and service users, with an unwavering commitment to improve services for the better.
Working alongside your colleagues, you will:
- manage demand and contribute to the effective leadership of MH services
- provide management supervision to all senior staff within a multidisciplinary team
- need a genuine commitment to collaborative working with partners across the system
- work with peers within NSFT (Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust) and SCC (Suffolk County Council) to ensure a strong social work delivery
- support the management team in delivering a culture where MH is understood and valued at all levels
- be passionate about finding and embracing new and innovative ways of working
- benefit from achieving your own development goals in line with the operational requirements
- ensure SCC processes and policies are applied day-to-day
- play a key role in the mental health transformation and manage a strong team of mental health leads
- regularly chair or attend clinical meetings to support team decision-making and management of complex casework.
Our partnership working is strong and there is a drive to build on our strengths and continue to move the service towards innovative and reflective practice; supported by a reinvigorated Section 75 agreement and a network of partnership support.
There will be opportunities to develop a reflective and learning culture, where best practice is celebrated through an academy approach, working with principal social work colleagues and the local university.
There is a full package of induction, support and development that will be tailored to meet your needs, along with:
- a supportive team environment
- the best possible support and development to grow your career
- regular professional supervision and appraisals
- a conditional relocation package of up to £8,000, to support a potential move to Suffolk.
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve our authority's priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- Free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- Free DBS check (if you are not registered on the DBS Update Service)
- Public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- Tax free bikes through our Cycle2work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Free 24/7 support line providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- A wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Nic Roper, Head of Operations and Partnerships on Nicola.Roper@suffolk.gov.uk.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.